To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives :
- To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programmes or projects ;
- To stimulate the academic environment for the promotion of quality of teaching,
learning and research in higher education institutions.
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in higher education
- To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes, and
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation promotion and sustenance.
To promote the following values among the students for man-making and nation-building :
- Contributing to National Development.
- Fostering Global Competencies among Students.
- Inculcating a Value System among Students.
- Promoting the Use of Technology.
- Quest for Excellence.
NAAC STEERING COMMITTEE