Seminars / Conferences
Career Guidance and Placement Cell
The Cell came into force from the academic year 2004 - 05 and is fully
galvanized to function to serve to the needs of the students. During
2004 - 05 to 2006 - 07 nearly 150 UG students and 80 PG students got
placed in various institutions. Mr. V. Venkateswara Rao, SG Lecturer in
Physics, is the coordinator of this cell.
- The Cell aims at guiding the students at both UG & PG levels on
the available career opportunities both in employment and higher
- The cell also arranges, extension lectures by experts from outside
- It imparts training to the students to face the Job interviews
both on and off campus.
- The Cell contacts Potential employers and provides a platform for
- The College is also registered with IEG Institute for the
Electronic Governance which coordinates the training and placement of
student registered with it. For PG students the one time registration
fee is Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 500/- for SC & ST students. For UG students
the registration fee is Rs. 500/- and there is no fee for SC & ST
students. The faculty will be imparted training by the IEG who intern
train the student.
- During 2007 - 08 fourteen students were selected by ICICI
Prudential Insurance for the Job guaranteed PGPMI programme in a
drive held for graduates of West Godavari district in June 2007.
- A 80 hour Employability training programme was arranged in June -
- A number of career oriented Lectures were delivered in the year so
- A major achievement is the conduct of a recruitment drive for B.Sc
graduates and Diploma holders for TCS Ltd in September 2007. A total
88 colleges and 7 Polytechnics from W.G.Dt and Krishna District
participated. Out of the 3600 students registered 2900 attended and
after conducting on-line examination, group discussion and personal
interview spread over 4 days. 149 students were selected in which 110
students are graduates and remaining 39 are diploma holders.
- 17 students from our college were selected for TCS Ltd.
- The college has also entered in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
with TMI network and leading recruiting agency to conduct Job melas /
drives in our college.
The convener Sri V. Venkateswara Rao, Dept
of Physics is well assisted by his team and supported fully by the
Guidance & Placement Cell
||Sri B V R D